1.If you would like a spot on the waiting list, a non-refundable deposit of $25 must be paid. Once you are contacted to pick and you choose your baby (ies) you will be required to pay 50% of your balance to reserve it (them) for you.
The remainder is due 24 hours before receipt of the guinea pig. All money should be paid through paypal to this address:
2. As a regular practice, Salisbury Skinnies does not ship guinea pigs at this time but will drive within an hour radius of Salisbury, CT or work with transport. For any additional mileage beyond a meeting location of an hour from Salisbury CT, a charge will be added.
3. We do not guarantee coloring, markings or temperament. Because pictures are taken at an early age, colorings or markings may change. We do our best to handle and socialize babies until they enter their new homes, but are not responsible for temperament later on, as each guinea pig has its own personality.
4. Guinea pigs sold by Allison Bryant and Salisbury Skinnies are free from any known defects, ailments or injuries.
5. If a guinea pig you have reserved via deposit becomes ill or passes away before transfer, the deposit will be returned in full.
6. If your guinea pig becomes ill or dies within 48 hours of your taking control of the animal, Allison Bryant and Salisbury Skinnies may choose, in her and its sole and absolute discretion, to offer a future replacement of like kind and value, when available, or to refund monies paid for any guinea pig needing veterinary care within the first 48 hours. In such an event, immediate communication along with proof of illness or death from a licensed veterinarian and return of the animal may be necessary and all medical costs and expenses shall be the responsibility of the buyer.
7. Salisbury Skinnies is a closed caviary for the health and safety of our animals. We do not accept appointments in our home but will meet you in a public place or work with transport.
8. Allison Bryant and Salisbury Skinnies reserves the right to refuse a sale for any reason deemed necessary and to revoke an agreement of sale at any point of time in its sole and absolute discretion and without the need to provide reasons for such revocation. We have the right to cancel a sale at any time until the guinea pig has been picked up and is officially sold.
9. We will not sell to anyone under the age of 18, unless accompanied by a responsible adult/guardian.
10. We will not sell a guinea pig to be housed with rabbits.
11. If you find yourself unable to care for a Salisbury Skinny pig at any time during their life, please contact us first before rehoming an animal on your own.